16 January 2011

thinking of winter

I opened the heating bill last month expecting things to go up a bit, it is winter and all. But not in my wildest dreams did I think that it would QUADRUPLE! I panicked for just a moment and then called the gas company who confirmed that yes this was our bill. I immediately walked over to the thermometer, and moved it from the comfortable 70 degrees down to a miserable 59. We now live in sweats whenever we are home. My favorite Christmas gift from last year is still saving me from cold feet-- GAP slipper boots :) LOVE!
Every Wednesday and Friday we go to Troy's games, last week we had a couple of fun tag-a-longs, Noe and Jose (the boogeyman). We know them from our summer job. Their moms asked us to take them to some Mountain Crest games. They are hilarious.
They really wanted to meet the players, but they REALLY REALLY wanted to meet the cheerleaders. The boys went to the bathroom at half time and came back with wet hair spiked up--- they told me they just wanted to look good for the girls. We took them to McDonald's before the game and of course Jose left his sweater there. Brent, being such an awesome future father, ran back to get it without any complaints. We had a great time hanging out with them :)

1 comment:

  1. It's fun to read updates on your and Brent. It sounds like you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete