16 May 2011

gratitude

As many of you know the past week has been a difficult one for us. We appreciate everyone's love and support. We are still heartbroken, but we are starting to get back to life. I debated how much to share on here and because our blog is public I've decided to leave out the details, but if you are a family member/friend that would like to know what is going on feel free to message me.

My goal of this post was to update everyone but also to express my gratitude for the gospel. We have felt a strong feeling of peace this past week and for that I am so grateful. The following verses of scripture have been on my mind.

17Verily, verily, I say unto you, ye are alittle children, and ye have not as yet understood how great blessings the Father hath in his own hands and prepared for you;

18And ye cannot abear all things now; nevertheless, be of goodbcheer, for I will clead you along. The kingdom is yours and the blessings thereof are yours, and the driches of eeternity are yours.

19And he who receiveth all things with athankfulness shall be made glorious; and the things of this earth shall be added unto him, even an bhundred fold, yea, more.

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. It has made a difference for us, and we appreciate you.

5 comments:

  1. Hey Katie, I hope you both are doing all right. I'd like to know the story if it's not too much trouble. You can shoot me an FB message or email me at chessbess{at}gmail{dot}com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It never ceases to amaze me how the gospel really does help to bring comfort in times of pain. We will keep you in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard what happened through family. I am so sorry to hear that. We've been through it too and it is so painful, but it is truly amazing the amount of comfort we are given in difficult times. I hope you continue to feel peace in your life and know that things will get better! You and Brent are in our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are in our prayers. The comfort from our Heavenly Father is incredible! I have been in your shoes but understand every situation is unique. Know you are loved.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so loved and I'm glad the gospel is in our lives to comfort us. You guys are awesome. Love you!

    ReplyDelete